Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The idea to enter the Foundations Revealed competition was very last minute. I didn't even know about it until a month before and at the time I wasn't planning on entering.

I had just started trying to wear a corset belt that I made using the http://www.corsettraining.net/ pattern with adjustments to my measurements because I'm to big for the standard and finding that because my stomach is so squidgy it keeps trying to fold in under my ribs. Not the best design for my body and my first go at sizing up a pattern. Works really well for sleeping though.
I saw the ribbon corset sew along and decided to participate. I got some green ribbon on special and worked out a pattern. As I was putting it together I ran into some challenges. The ribbon ran away as I tried to pin it. I still don't know how to make the edges neat. I used some machine embroidery on the ribbon and it caused the fabric to wrinkle.
Somehow all this caused me to decide that I wanted to enter a ribbon corset into the foundations revealed competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment