Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I tried to use the corset I had partway completed as a kind of toile so I put the bones and busk in and some grommets so I could lace up.
The under bust was tighter than I wanted and the hips closed all the way. The waist didn't feel like it was down,as far as I would lime. Also I had flesh spilling out the top and bottom of the corset.
I redid the pattern and was a inspired by Mitchell Danes pattern in that he appeared to have shaped the front and back of the pattern. I may have gone a bit overboard.

(Unfortunately I ran out of grommets, so will be fixing that soon. Could do with an extra on on the bottom of each side.)
I raised the back and chose a longer busk for the front, shaped the front panel to come in at the bottom. I shaped the back panel as I wanted some more shape and had this idea about creating an hourglass on the back.
I did struggle to match up the curves and sew them evenly and neatly without wrinkles.
I've had some ideas since about ribbon corsets with more panels and also whether an over bust could be done successfully.
I also want to try making one out of elastic with a zip to wear as support for work.
So many ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just came across your blog post I think it looks wonderful. And to say you were inspired by my pattern makes me feel really good. If you would like to know more about my patterning process you can message me on Facebook or follow me on instagram!

    ReplyDelete